Thursday, January 8, 2009

FOURTH FOLDER, FOURTH PHOTO


Words Fitly Spoken blogger, my friend Christy, tagged me in a blog game. Here are the rules: Look into the fourth folder in which you store pictures on your computer, and select the fourth picture therein. Post it. Explain it.

Here goes. . .

My fourth folder contained only four pictures. All four were of Judah sitting on the floor in the upstairs hallway with his blocks and his books. Daddy had come along to help him create a message for Mommy. Digital camera in hand, Daddy brings me the photo to let me know that Judah wants me to read to him. Surprise, surprise. Everyone who reads to him can't believe that he will sit there as long as you're reading. It doesn't matter if you pick up Dr. Seuss or Narnia or the Scriptures. I actually read to him from my Bible this week--not his Child's Story Bible--but my four-translations-in-one Bible, and he sat and listened and asked thoughtful questions. I think we underestimate our kids. I know I do.

Thanks, Christy, for taking me back to this time last year!

2 comments:

the Mrs. said...

I REMEMBER THIS PHOTO LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY! Equally as precious today as it was then...

Thanks, so much, for taking time to play the blog game. :)

JonDavid and Karissa said...

I love this story! THis was so very sweet to read! I must ask you about days at home with kids...remind me later!