Sunday, July 14, 2013

SHOWMANCE!



A dear friend who is pregnant with baby #2, parenting a toddler, and who spent time on Broadway (!!!) asked me last weekend if being a theater mom is as exciting as being on stage myself. I was in tears as I told her about watching Miriam on stage during her first production with The Theater Bug. I didn't miss a single show. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I LOVE being a theater mom!

Well, Miriam's at it again, and this time she's in a musical called SHOWMANCE about theater nerds. I got to see it tonight (there are two separate casts, so I took her to see the other cast), and it was INCREDIBLE. I laughed out loud, cried like a baby, and wanted to stand up and cheer. This show is SO BEAUTIFUL and fun and poignant and witty and comedic and fast-paced and delightful and . . . I love it. I just LOVE it!

Here are the details so you can come and see why I love it so much:

Facebook event page is HERE.

From Cori Anne Laemmel of The Theater Bug:
The Theater Bug is proud to present this summer's show, SHOWMANCE! Meet the talented, sometimes strange, always full of heart young actors of the Showmance Summer Stages Theatrical program for Young Artists as they give you a backstage tour in the life of a young actor. With a fabulous soundtrack and an incredibly talented cast, Showmance is great fun for the whole family! 
The show runs July 11th through August 4th, with performances on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 7pm and Sundays at 2pm.  
For tickets, please visit www.ticketnashville.com or you can buy them at the door! 
 Here's the link to the official promo video: 
http://youtu.be/JXlJE-LGxE0  
We'd love to see you there! 

NOTE: If you specifically want to see Miriam and The Brentwood Carpool*, be sure to buy tickets for July 25-August 4.

Show options (to see Miriam and The Brentwood Carpool perform):

Thursday, July 25 at 7 PM
Friday, July 26 at 7 PM
Saturday, July 27 at 7 PM
Sunday, July 28 at 2 PM
Thursday, August 1 at 7 PM
Friday, August 2 at 7 PM
Saturday, August 3 at 7 PM
Sunday, August 4 at 7 PM

More Info:

1) SHOWMANCE features two separate casts. I HIGHLY recommend seeing both!

2) The Theater Bug is tucked away in a strip-mall with Save-A-Lot and Direct Insurance on Gallatin Road in East Nashville, super close to the YMCA.

3) Their shows tend to sell out FAST, so get your tickets from TicketsNashville.com ASAP!

*The Brentwood Carpool includes:
Miriam Todd
Bella Higginbotham
Abbey Rhyne
Erika Skelton
Hannah Trauscht
(with a cameo appearance by Lilla Toler)
These girls are AMAZING!!!

NOTE: many of my friends know Ambra Harris--her Isaiah is in it, too!

P.S. I went to see the first cast perform tonight (7/13/13), and I'm smitten. If you're not able to catch this show during the two weekends that Miriam performs, just try to get there. You'll LOVE IT!!!

What audiences are saying:

 "In intermission at The Theater Bug's opening night of Showmance, and I'm blown away by the talent, heart, commitment, and theater chops of these kiddo actors. They are incredible...(and they've made me cry 4 times already - still another act to go.) Please, PLEASE do your self/heart a favor, and go see this beautiful show!"



"If you have no plans tonight....I encourage you to grab the kiddos and friends and come down to Theater Bug's performance of Showmance....Starts at 7......Only 10.00 for adults and 5.00 for kiddos..... It is a great show that will move you and your kiddos. It features amazing talent such as Lockelands very own Gus O'Brien, Robin August Fritsch, and Katie Madole. They will also perform tomorrow and next weekend!!!! Hope to see all my friends. The Theater Bug is located at 2618 Gallatin Pike, Nashville, TN 37216"


 "Wow, wow,wow!!!!! Opening nite was amazing!!!! I felt like I was in NY on Broadway....this show is a must see!!! So much talent and love filled the room. Tonight was a sellout ...so hurry and get your tickets . I promise you will be blown away."


 "Man, do yourself a favor and go see The Theatre Bug's production of Showmance. Those kids are absolutely incredible and they perform with such heart. It's been a looooong time since live theatre moved me to tears, but today it did. Three times. I was a mess. GO see this beautiful show. It opens this weekend!"


 "I saw the most entertaining, beautiful, and moving performance last night - and you ALL need to see it, too. Cori Anne Laemmel has written and directed my new favorite musical - SHOWMANCE! - and it stars some of Nashville's most brilliant child actors. These kids will BLOW YOUR MINDS. That's a promise. Showmance! runs this weekend through August 4th. A limited number of tickets are available at the door, but no matter! You can buy in advance online, by clicking that link right down there. There is so much wonderful art being made in our city, and this fabulous, hilarious, and heart warming story is a stellar example. You will absolutely laugh. You may cry. You may do that clenchy thing with your face that my husband does to keep himself from crying. But you Must. Not. Miss. It."


No comments: