Monday, November 17, 2008

Cattle Ranching vs. Dairy Farming

Yesterday, I picked up a copy of Who Took My Money by Robert Kiyosaki that I had checked out from the library. Kiyosaki relates an experience he had with this "rich dad" visiting a cattle ranch and then visiting a dairy farm.

He says, "The financial lesson rich dad wanted us to learn was that while both the cattle rancher and the dairy farmer count their cattle as assets, they treat their assets differently and they operate via different business models.

"The visits to the ranch and the farm were to emphasize the very important difference between:

Capital Gains
versus
Cash Flow

"Simply put, a cattle rancher can be compared to a person who invests for capital gains. A dairy farmer is more like an investor who invests for cash flow.

"One of the reasons so many people lose so much money investing or think that investing is risky is because they invest like ranchers. They invest to slaughter rather than to milk." (emphasis mine)

Wow.

I LOVE Kiyosaki's books. Never have I taken such an interest in all-things financial. I took a personal finance class in college because I knew I was clueless and needed help. Now I'm reading books written by wealthy entrepreneurs and learning the ropes from a different angle. When you check out books from the library (and actually read them), a huge part of your financial education is free.

Three things I woke up thinking about this morning:

An investment in CTCV is like dairy farming:

1) You put in $977 and pay a low monthly fee (the Voyageur package has been reduced by $500 for a limited time!)

2) You receive an $1800 credit toward three week-long vacations and a $300 cash-back rebate after your first vacation (that, alone, is worth the initial investment)

and

3) You generate cash flow simply by sharing the investment opportunity with others.

Let's say that you only have three people join you in a year. That means you have recovered your investment, your monthly fees, and you've made at least $500 in profit. Now, if your third person introduces two people to what CTCV has to offer, you've just made another $1477. On top of that, you've saved thousands on your travel.

I have to admit, I like financial dairy farming. This type of investing is really fun for me. It means that I have to know what I'm doing (fortunately for me, I LOVE learning), and it may take a little longer to see a significant stream of income, but taking care of my assets as a dairy farmer takes care of his cows lines up with my values. I've never been into "fatten 'em up quick and cash in on the slaughter," which is why I'm really enjoying reading Kiyosaki and others who use the dairy farm approach.

Call into one of our live conference calls to find out how you can invest long-term and reap a significant return!

1-712-421-8859, PIN 545454#
Monday- 1pm EST, 8pm EST and 11pm EST
Tuesday- 1pm EST, 8pm EST
Wednesday- 1pm EST, 8pm EST and 11pm EST
Thursday- 1pm EST, 8pm EST
Friday- 1pm EST
Saturday- 11am EST
Sunday- 10pm EST
24/7 Sizzle Call: 618-355-1490

Or check out the videos on my website: http://ltodd.cruisetocash.com and join free to see what CTCV has to offer!


Lori Todd

(615) 496-8079

loritodd@increasingfreedomnow.com

"Working toward living on 10% and giving away 90%"


No comments: