Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Exciting Stuff this Weekend

This is too cool! I read my "5 minutes of caring" e-mail today from Cool People Care, and on their advertising banner I see: Jake Smith performing with Anthony Skinner, Saturday, October 27, Edgehill Studios, 9:30 p.m./"We're having a book launch party and you're invited." Crazy!!! Woo Hoo!!!

We're HUGE fans of Anthony Skinner, and we saw Jake Smith perform during a little backyard birthday shindig a few months back. If we can find a sitter, we're going. If we can't find a sitter, the kids might just have to sleep on the floor (like they did at Grace Center this past Sunday night when John and Carol Arnott were visiting).

Anthony is also going to be at The Foundry this Friday night. I went with a friend last Friday, and I'm hoping to make it a regular thing. If you're interested in joining me and want to know what it looks like, Click HERE and read "The Vision" by Scott MacLeod and "A Zadok Experience" by Victoria Hill.

James took me to Kidz Club for our first date over 8 years ago, and even though I haven't been involved there over the past 8 years, 8 is the number of New Beginnings. I now live 4.5 miles from Provision's humble warehouse home. I'm definitely sensing a draw there in this new season.

Here's their little blurb about Friday nights:

Experience "The Meltdown" this Friday @ 7PM, with Anthony Skinner and band!

Where creativity, compassion, and coffee meet together!

The Foundry has been newly renovated, updated, and upgraded...you have to see it to believe it!

Nashville's longest standing Christian coffee house/music venue/outreach center is ready to relaunch with all night worship and a new cafe'! It's been 14 years since the work in The Foundry first began. This old historic brick foundry, built in 1912, has been a spiritual and creative watering hole for literally thousands of people over the years.

Where? 1419 Clinton Street Nashville , TN 37203
Friday Night Foundry! Directions!

Get in the on the action -- Ask about opportunities to serve the poor in Nashville!

Check out the sound of the Foundry... www.foundrysongs.com

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I want to come! If you remember, will you call me Friday so that I don't forget?

Anonymous said...

Wow, so cool that they're starting back up again. We got engaged at Kidz Club, you know?

jenchillla said...

Wow, that sounds like the place to be! We're going to see Rodney Howard Browne in Chattanooga this weekend and we won't be back until Saturday, SO I will have to catch Anthony Skinner next time. Y'all get an extra blessing for me wen you're there, I'll do the same for you, and we'll trade blessings when we see each other again! Sweet.