Saturday, December 13, 2008

Judah, Miriam, and a little blue Dinosaur

Judah and Miriam were fighting over a little toy dinosaur this morning, so I asked Judah if he would like to let his sister play with it for a little while or have me take it away from both of them. My reasoning was that his relationship with his sister is more important than the dinosaur, so if he chose to fight about it, I would simply take it away. He chose to let her play with it.

A few minutes later I noticed that Miriam didn't have the dinosaur anymore. She brought me a book to read. I said, "I'll be happy to read that book to you as soon as you give the dinosaur back to Judah since you're not playing with it anymore. She shook her head "no." (Well, she kind of shivers a "no.") When I asked her where the dinosaur was, she said, "Grocery shopping."

And so begins "Conversations with Miriam." She'll be two on Tuesday.

2 comments:

jenchillla said...

Now THAT's a useful toy.

kylah's mommy said...

Too cute!
Lori it has been a while, I hope all is well with you and your adorable family. I have a daughter who will be 2 in January. :o)