Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Mira-Yummy

Miriam is something of a parrot. She repeats nearly everything I say, only she puts a question mark at the end. If I say, "I need to get some work done." She says, "Wuhk done?"

She will be TWO on Tuesday. In her honor, here are a few of my favorite Mira-isms:

Mommy, hode me. (Mommy, hold me. Probably said most often.)
Mommy, REEEED. Read book. (Mommy, read to me please.)
Read Tigah book. (Read Tiger Can't Sleep)
Read Baby Craw Way (Read The Day the Babies Crawled Away.)
Go, Mommy. (Here you go, Mommy or Judah or Daddy . . .)
Tickle ME! (She lies down and waits for us to tickle her.)
Mommy, weesh you. (Mommy, I want to go with you.)
Mommy, seep. (Mommy, sleep next to me.)
Baby seepin. (She put her babies to bed and now they're sleeping.)
Mommy, doin? (What are you doing, Mommy?)
AAAAAH you? EAH AAAH YOU, Mommy? (Where are you?)
Come on, Mommy. Come on. (She watches her hand motions.)
Mommy, take a show-ah? (Mommy's going to take a shower?)
Aw done showah? (All done taking a shower?)
Uh brush teef! (I want to brush my teeth.)
Shef! Do it meshef! (I can do it myself!)
Mommy do it. (she pulls this one out for messes)
Bonk head. Mommy kish it! (when Judah offers to kiss it)
I top kye-ing. (I stopped crying.)
Check-ah-Judah. (I need to go check on Judah--he's upset.)
Hug kish? (Want a hug and a kiss?)
I taw! (I'm tall!)
Mine, Judah. (this one's ALL inflection)
Top, Judah. (Stop, Judah--said with force.)
Judah take way! (Judah took that away from me!)
No, Judah. (a pretty common one)
Righ-day-ah (her answer to "Where is it?" Right there!)
Mah Chay-ah! (That's my [giraffe] chair!)
Puh-pul sh-uht! (Purple shirt!)
Duhty sh-uht. New shuht. (I need a new shirt. This one's dirty.)
Take off. (Help me take it off.)
Nake-d bay-bee! (usually spoken while running)
Honk. (spoken while squeezing your nose)
Lemen-tine! (I want a clementine!)
Tinky too-ees. (Stinky tooties--time for a new diaper!)
Piggy moussh (Mickey Mouse)
Gi-yap hoshee (straddling one of us on the floor--Giddyap Horsie!)
Jumpy Jumpy Jumpy! (said while jumping on the bed)
Rock a baby, tree top, cradle rock (full song over and over again)
Happy Buhsh day to YOU! (second favorite song)
Je-zush wuv me so (another favorite song)

What time is it?
New diap-ah time!

As we're reading Go Dog Go, I say, "Where are those dogs going?"
Miriam says, "Go-shee shoppin!" (grocery shopping!)

Mommy, food.
What kind of food?
EAT food.

Nod yes: chin moves up and down
Head shakes no: little shiver shake

Judah dresses up like a pirate and asks who he looks like.
Mira says, "Arrgh-a matey"
Judah says, "YES! Miriam! That's right!" in a very high-pitched voice.

I wish I could put her on pause for a while. She's my snuggly little princessy girl of sweetness. My Mira-yummy.

3 comments:

the Mrs. said...

what an ADORABLE outfit? made by your mom?

Lori said...

Shyla Hutchison's sister-in-law Elizabeth made it. She has a little shop she calls Two Green Olive Trees, and she sells her stuff on Etsy. I happened to fall in love with this little outfit at a "Mamamade.biz" gathering. So sweet!

Patti S. said...

So cute. I didn't even need tv interpretation because audrey says all of the same things. They just get cuter everyday don't they?