Saturday, January 9, 2010

December 2009 Memories


My favorite Mira quotes/rewritten songs from this week: "We wish you a Mary Poppins" and "I'm a little princess, short and stout."

Mostly for my own journaling (and for your reading pleasure, of course), here are my kid-related status updates on Facebook from December:

December 23, 2009

My children spent the morning creating pirate ships and houses from empty boxes and drinking "rum" from empty bottles (yo ho ho and a bottle of rum)--thanks to the recycling still being in the hallway this morning. Who needs new stuff when you have inventive, resourceful, creative children?

December 21, 2009

One of Judah's favorite desserts is "Cranberry Lay," otherwise known as creme brulee.


December 16, 2009

My little Miriam was born exactly three years ago today! She asked Judah and me to sing "Happy Birthday" to her again and again this morning after Grandaddy called and sang to her.

December 14, 2009

Miriam just said in her pretending voice, "Excuse me, Princess Mah-thah. Could you move so I can sit next to you for a minute? Thank you, Princess Mah-thah. I like you, Princess Mah-thah. Kiss me." Then, we took turns kissing each other on the cheek. She cracks me up!

December 11, 2009

My son is a professional maker of weapons and my daughter is the queen of spotting beautiful, shiny, sparkly, princessy things. They're helping me to embrace adventure and beauty in bigger and bigger ways as they continue to grow. I love it.

December 7, 2009

Conversation with Miriam: I said, "Oh, Miriam, you're so sweet, I just want to eat you!" She said, "You can't eat me. I'm you-ah friend!"

December 4, 2009
Things I didn't expect to do today:

Judah was pretending Miriam was his puppy dog and leading her around by the ribbons on the back of her dress. When he tied her to the fridge and she pulled the knots tight, I didn't expect to spend 10 minutes getting her free! (My mom responded, "Reminds me of when Judah tied himself to the bakers rack...his solution was to cut him free.")

Yesterday I was downstairs getting ready to walk out the door when I heard a crash and the worst scream come from Miriam who was upstairs. I bolted up the stairs, pushed Judah out of the way, bruised my knees falling up the stairs, and found little Mira tucked between Judah's bed and the dresser. She couldn't find her tights in the bottom drawer, ... See Moreso she stood on it to look in a drawer that was higher. The dresser came crashing down with her on it, bruising her little arm and hurting her finger (fortunately, Judah's bed prevented any more damage!) I didn't expect to pull a dresser away from my screaming child and hold her until she recovered.

December 2, 2009

love love love it when I make a super-charged smoothie and my children beg each other, "Don't drink the whole thing!" When I look up, it's almost gone, and they have no idea they've just devoured fresh spinach, cashews, coconut oil, clementines, mangoes, strawberries, kombucha, etc. . . . building up those little immune systems!

No comments: