Friday, October 3, 2008

Conversations with Mira--they have begun.



Yesterday morning, I hear Miriam calling from her room, "Maaaah-meeeee!" It turns into a song. I stand by the door to listen for a minute.

I walk in. She looks up, puts her hand on the back of her diaper and says, "Diap-ah. Off."

So I pick her up, and she points toward the changing table and says, "New. Diap-ah."

Once we get the messy diaper off and the new diaper on, she tugs on her jammies. "Shirt. Off." So we take off the jammies.

She points toward her room. "New. Shirt." We make our way over to her closet, where she says, "Puh-ple. Shirt."

She wore a purple shirt yesterday and the day before, so now they're all dirty. So she suggests, "Jacket." I try to put a shirt under the jacket. She pulls it off. "Jacket!"

Miriam walks out with a jacket (zipped up, no shirt beneath) and says, "Check-uh-Judah." The day begins, as do conversations with Mira. She's getting so big.