Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On the porch. . .

I can't believe we're already more than 1/3 through September, and I've only written in here twice! Obviously, things have been a little crazy. Now that James is back and fully recovered from his international travel, I'm starting to feel human again.

Right now, I'm sitting on my front porch in a white wicker rocking chair with my laptop, watching leaves fall when the wind blows and squirrels creep up the steps to look for food. My children are asleep. I can breathe clearly. I can think clearly. I'm enjoying this sweet moment of peace.

Last night, I went outside to check the weather. I gasped at the crispness in the air. I ran back inside, threw open all the windows and turned on the fans.

As I'm writing, two well-dressed men are looking at the adjacent property. I'm hoping they're not discussing building a house there. I love the lot full of mature trees that deceives people into believing we have a huge yard. I've been thinking a lot about how nice it would be to live in a walkable community--to walk to the park, markets, restaurants . . . and I'd start looking for another place to live right away if I knew for sure that someone was thinking of building next to us. James is going to read this and flip out. But that's what this blog is for, right? To journal my thoughts, no matter how unfiltered they may be.

Don't worry, honey. I promise to stay within our budget.

Hee hee. . .

No comments: