Monday, September 17, 2007

What are you thinking about?

This afternoon while Judah was taking a bath, he asked me to come to him so he could ask me what I was thinking about. The conversation went something like this (I cut it short so I could write it down--I didn't want to forget.)

Judah: Mommy, what are you thinking about?

Me: I'm thinking about putting fruit away. What are you thinking about?

Judah: I'm thinking about hitting every bully in this country with a big stick.

Me: Do you know what that would make you?

Judah: Pause. A bully? (great inflection)

Me: Yep. If you hit every bully in this country with a big stick, you would be a bully, and someone might come and hit you.

Judah: Why?

Me: For the same reason that you want to hit all the bullies in this country with a big stick. There's got to be a better way, huh?

Judah: Pauses. Love your bullies?

Me: Yep.

Judah: What if the bully hits you?

Me: You still love.

1 comment:

Shyla said...

I love the "danger" and "back off, danger" pictures!