Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Huh?"

READ THIS ARTICLE by Danny Silk. Please.

It's all about where we are right now as a family, in business, in relationships, in parenting. I love it. I was in tears by the end, not because of a sense of loss, but because of HOPE and PROMISE.

I read it right after I realized that one of my goals with Judah had been accomplished without me realizing it. I was upstairs listening to him talk to his daddy, and when he didn't understand something Daddy said, Judah would say (instead of HUH?), "What did you say, Daddy?"

I remember thinking several months ago . . . a year ago? two years ago? . . . I don't remember when it started. But I remember thinking, "I have GOT to break him of the habit of saying, 'Huh?'" It absolutely drove me nuts. I didn't write down my goal, so when it was accomplished, I had forgotten all about it. Until this morning . . . when the sweetest little voice spoke the sweetest group of words, "What did you say, Daddy?"

While writing this blog post, he said that same phrase twice.

I love it!!!

No comments: