Monday, December 7, 2009

My Father's House and Royal Hope Academy


OK, final one for tonight. I've been collecting these in my head for days . . .

My amazing, creative, talented friend Rebecca Sorensen recently sent me a support letter, which I'm eager to get into the hands of as many people as possible. As you may know, we spent six months in Uganda, East Africa, and have supported a young deaf girl named Justine for over seven years now. I wholeheartedly support Rebecca's vision and mission and would love to see her generate more than enough funding for all the projects she has going right now. The jewelry that the women of Uganda make from recycled magazines is stunning, and for every necklace purchased, a child will be FED and EDUCATED for ONE MONTH! Check out the jewelry HERE!

And now for Rebecca's letter:

My name is Rebecca Sorensen and this year I started an organization called My Father's House Missions International. We have been working in Uganda, East Africa, home to over 2 million orphans and 50000 abducted, abused, and war-affected children. We were able to open a school now educating 150 children in the heart of a slum area to serve these children and meet their needs of education and HOPE! ... Royal Hope Academy. We were also able to start a small children's home as we watched our school directors' hearts break for these needy children and he and his wife began to adopt them into their own family.

SO plans are underway for me to return to Uganda! I can't wait to see my kids at Royal Hope Academy again and to pour God's love into their lives! I can't wait to start on the projects that are going to add sustainability to our children's home and school. I can't wait to encourage the teachers and pray for them! I can't wait to see my Ugandan family and hug their necks and speak to them in Luganda! I can't wait to worship in hot African open air dirt floor churches with people who are so hungry for God because they are believing Him for their lives, their breath, their daily bread.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THAT PLANE!!!!

But I need YOU to help me get there!

Here are a couple of ways you can help me:::

1. I want to ask all of my friends and facebook aquaintances to donate at least $10 for 2010. Most of us can spare $10. If you can or want to give more, it would be so helpful! I have over 1000 friends on here...So I'm trying to get at least 500 people to give $10 OR MORE to help bring hope to a hopeless child!

You can do so through the My Father's House website by credit/debit or paypal: http://www.myfathershouseintl.org/index_files/Page349.htm
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.

OR you can mail a check made payable to "Branches of Life" then send to:
Rebecca Sorensen P.O. Box 158145 Nashville, TN 37215

ALSO, I want to invite you to invite 10 of your friends that might also want to give...

2. Part of my expenses this time around is all of our ministry costs which I have been raising monthly through small fundraising projects here in the US. Once I leave, I have to make sure all of those expenses are covered. You can help me to do that by sponsoring a child or a teacher through the My Father's House website as well.
http://www.myfathershouseintl.org/index_files/Page349.htm

3. Finally...You can purchase some of our magazine paper bead jewelry to give as Christmas gifts! This will also help to cover some of the ministry costs of my trip! For every necklace purchased, a child will be FED and EDUCATED for 1 MONTH!

Do it here: http://www.myfathershouseintl.org/index_files/Page372.htm

4. PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't just say this...I WILL REALLY NEEEEED PRAYERS AS I GO INTO UNSTABLE WAR TORN AREAS, even nations other than Uganda, and into places with health risks...but there is NO RISK with JESUS!

Sometimes it is really difficult as a missionary with a lot of vision and few resources to ask others' for help but the word of God says...

"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent?"

PLEASE SEND ME!!!!! I am ready and available to GO!

Thanks so much everyone! I know God will bless your giving!

WITH LOVE AND HOPE!
AUNTIE REBECCA :-)

3 comments:

the Mrs. said...

Wow, Lori. You are SURROUNDED by talented people. :)

Amber said...

Oh no...I read too far...Now I want to GET INVOLVED. Just emailed Rebecca for more info. I better stop reading for now! ;-)

RebeccaKristen said...

:-) THANK YOU LORI!!! :0)