Wednesday, August 1, 2007

48 Hr. Film Festival

I participated in the 48 Hr. Film Festival this year. The film I was in (for a full two seconds) is really funny. I play a startled co-worker and have a little voice-over. It was a blast. In case you're interested, the public screenings are next week at the Belcourt in Hillsboro Village.

From Erin O'Barr (she and her sister Wendy are the film-makers extraordinaire):

We were the first team to turn in our movie!!! (Personally, I took that as a sign of God's favor which seemed to be on the whole weekend.) Wendy & I are quite pleased with the movie we turned in. There are, of course, things we wanted to fix but just ran out of time. Still I think "The Buddy System" is an admirable effort & I think folks will enjoy it! I know we will!

The films are divided up into groups & we are in Group B (Balloon Poodle Productions, The Buddy System) You can purchase tickets from the Belcourt. Aug 6-8 there will be screenings open to the public at the Belcourt each evening. Invite your friends & family! But also know that there is no guarantee as to what else they might have to sit through. 48 Hour films run the gamut & I have left some feeling like I needed a spiritual bath.

You can get more specific info at www.48hourfilm.com. Look for the Nashville link.

Monday, Aug 6 @ 4:30 (A), 6:15 (B), 8:00 (C), 9:45 (D)
Tuesday, Aug 7 @ 4:30 (C), 6:15 (D), 8:00 (A), 9:45 (B)
Wednesday, Aug 8 @ 4:30 (B), 6:15 (C), 8:00 (D), 9:45 (A)

Tickets are available at the door at standard Belcourt prices:
$8 (all screenings after 6pm)
$6 (all screenings before 6pm)

No comments: