Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Week's Worth of Judah Conversations

I wrote these in my journal the week of January 14-21, 2007, so they're six months old, but (in my opinion, which is all you get here anyway) worth sharing:

************

After putting Judah down for a nap and hearing him climb out of his crib, I called upstairs, "Judah, are you in your bed?" Scramble. Climb. Jump.

I open the door and say, "Were you in your bed?"

He says, "I'm in my bed now."

**********

Judah Quote: I want to be a family. Let's all sit on the couch together. We're together now! We're as a family!

**********

While standing on the stepstool, Judah was putting toys in the blender in the kitchen and pretending to make smoothies for me. (Yes, it was unplugged.) I made a sandwich and told him I was going to eat it in the dining room.

"Do you want to come?" I asked.

"No, thank you. I'm really busy. I will join you in a minute."

************

We often give him two choices, but sometimes he confuses the word "choices" with the word "chances," so he'll say, "Mommy, tell me my chances."

************

Judah and Tiffany were playing outside on the porch. They placed two child-sized chairs on top of a mat facing two small square tables. James brought them some food so they could pretend they were at a restaurant. Toward the end, Judah asked, "Daddy, may I have a credit card?"

James was delighted that Judah wasn't going to make Tiffany pay for the meal. For all you Dave Ramsey fans, we started using cash for almost all of our purchases shortly afterward. (I still use the credit card for gasoline--I'm not about to go through the inconvenience of getting the kids out of the van just to run in to a convenience store and give the clerk my cash.)

************

Final one for the night ... Judah is not quite 3, and Miriam is 4 weeks:

After I got out of the shower, I sat on the bed to nurse Miriam. Judah sat beside me and put his hand on my leg. He said, "Mommy, where are your nails? I don't see your nails."

I had shaved my legs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lori, this is caroline bell
i read all the judah quotes that is my all time favorite thing on here and the pictures
i defenitally will be coming back every once in a while