Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gift-wrapping for Children of Prisoners


A friend of a friend needs help wrapping approx. 500 gifts for children of prisoners--by Saturday. Want to help? Here's her message:

Hey Gang!

Everybody's busy. Everybody's swamped... But, this is an unabashed, unashamed beg fest! :-) I am coordinating the wrapping and delivery of about 500 gifts to the children of prisoners. I need to have them all wrapped by Saturday afternoon and I need people to help wrap. I absolutely cannot do this by myself. I need help. It can be 15 minutes or 30 minutes or hours at a time if you have it! This is the proposed schedule:

Wednesday:
Wrapping at Northeast Church from 9:00 a.m. until noon
Wrapping at my house from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Thursday:
Wrapping at Northeast Church from 9:00 a.m. until noon
Wrapping at my house from 1:00 p.m. - whenever (night time as well)

Saturday:
Wrapping at my house from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

You can come any time for any amount of time that is convenient for you. All supplies are provided. Just show up! There are other things to be done if you don't think you're a good gift wrapper or just don't like it.

In addition, if you would like to experience first hand the joy and excitement of a child receiving a gift, please come by Northeast or my house and pick up a package or two.

DIRECTIONS TO MY HOUSE, 1023 Grider Drive

Take Vietnam Veterans to exit 12, Big Station Camp Creek Road
From Gallatin, take a right
From Hendersonville, take a left
Pass Knox Doss Middle School on the left
Go another 1/2 mile or so until you see Stone Creek Subdivision on the left - turn left into the subdivision
Take the 1st immediate left
Take the 1st right, which is my street, Grider Drive
I am about 2/3 of the way down on the left

My phone # is 957-6113

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Thank you!

Aimee

No comments: