Friday, January 18, 2008

Speaking of Art and Recycling . . .

James and I have been rotating Thursday nights out. Last night I went to a movie with my crazy friend Becki, and James stayed home with the kids.
This is what I came home to:



He and Judah spent the evening making a purse for me. Not just any purse, either. A recycled goods purse. He took an old wool sweater, "felted" it, cut it out, stitched it together by hand, and embellished it with jewelry he bought for me in India that broke in transit. Judah was especially excited about getting to use scissors. I love that my boys are artistic, industrious, globally-minded, and oh, so good to me.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jenchillla said...

WOW! Kudos, James and Judah :)

You have such special boys in your life. All that and a night out, too! Awesome!

the Mrs. said...

Too sweet... <3

Anonymous said...

Crazy? I guess I've been called worse. Ha ha. Hmmm... now that I think of it, maybe crazy is a compliment. After all, you didn't call me boring, stupid or obnoxious. So, thank you, I guess I CAN deal with crazy.