Saturday, January 12, 2008

Soft drinks are hard on your body

I just read this article from the Mercola website and thought I'd share it with all my soda-drinking friends:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/1/19/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

My primary vice is still sweet and/or fruit tea. It's an addiction that I definitely need to kick. The tap water, refined sugar, and caffiene are SO bad for my body. You know, I've actually noticed a relationship between Judah's refined sugar consumption and his nose running. When we don't offer sweets and encourage him to go to bed at a decent hour, he stays pretty healthy.

Here are Mercola's suggestions for building your immune system:

Getting a good night’s sleep
Minimizing stress in your life
Exercising regularly and effectively
Getting enough sun exposure or, alternatively, enough of the right vitamin D (if you live in a cold environment where you can't stay out in the sun)
Avoiding sugar and grains, and instead eating plenty of raw foods

And speaking of sleep. . .that's where I need to head right now. Good night!

1 comment:

jenchillla said...

Well I know I needed to ditch the soda habit, but I guess I need to step up weaning myself off it before Lilah really has a chance to notice. I never heard that toast was bad for you! Nuts! I love toast! :)