Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Beginnings

Ah, my first post of the new year.

2008.

8 is the number of new beginnings, coming after 7, the number of completion.

We celebrated 8 years of marriage in October.

We ended 2007 by spending the night with new friends, friends we met this year. We brought in 2008 by spending the night with old friends, one friend I've walked with for 8 years.

Another friend sent me the link to "Holy Experience," (the title and picture above is from "Holy Experience," a blog by Ann Voskamp). This is a link to a life I often dream of. Take a minute to dial way down. Find a settled place in your spirit. Listen to the music, look at the pictures, soak in the message.

Welcome to one of the dreams of my heart.

http://holyexperience.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Jillian said...

How good that hug felt, dear one!

I must tell you, with grateful tears in my spirit, how much I appreciate that you posted the link to this blog. "Holy Experience" has opened my heart to a place it wants to call home. And God is already moving in me. I can't tell you how my spirit yearns for even a piece of what this woman has. And I believe God wants me to have it. And you, too.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!