Sunday, May 4, 2008

Hello, again.

I haven't been writing much for two reasons. One, I haven't felt as though I have the brainpower to construct coherent sentences. (I have spent too many consecutive nights waking up to cough, sneeze, and blow my nose.) Two, it's been SO gorgeous outside that the kids and I have spent nearly every possible waking moment enjoying the sunshine.

Late yesterday afternoon I took Judah to see The Reluctant Dragon, a play at the Nashville Children's Theatre. It was EXCELLENT. The set was gorgeous, the actors were professional, the story was funny and poignant, and the dialogue was beautiful. Next weekend's performance wraps up the show.

Last night James and I went to see Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, Ben Stein's documentary revealing the censorship of American scientists who even suggest that Intelligent Design might possibly be a theory leading to the understanding of how life began. He interviews some of the top evolutionists and the scientists who have lost their funding, websites, and positions because of their connection to the simple words: Intelligent Design. Highly entertaining for a documentary, Expelled provides one of the most thought-provoking dialogues regarding evolution and Intelligent Design that I've ever encountered. If you can support Stein's work by catching this movie in the theater, I highly recommend it. Bring your junior high and high school kids, too. It's great fodder for discussion!

Today I'm hoping to get over to the TACA (Tennessee Association of Craft Artists) Festival at Centennial Park at least for a little while. While I find malls and flea markets largely junky and depressing, inspiration abounds at gatherings of artisans! Handmade goods are priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I wondered why it was so quiet in your corner.

I bought a lovely mother-child statue at TACA last year. I can't wait until it gets here in the ship!

Feel better!