Monday, May 19, 2008

Thinking about Financial Stuff

My friend Tod Bell recommended that I check out Dani Johnson on the web. Wow. I'm already getting shaken up by reading The Millionaire Mind. Now I'm watching and listening to this lady, hearing a lot of the same messages, and connecting so many of the thoughts I've had about wealth and finances and the great chasm between the rich and the poor. I used to drive around Clarksville and look at the houses and the people in the projects (a girlfriend from APSU lived there). In the same day, I'd drive by houses in affluent neighborhoods and wonder why there was such a difference. I figured most of what we consider "normal" is what we grow up with. Since my dad made tens of thousands of dollars when I graduated high school, I decided that if I made as much money as my dad that I would be successful. I remember thinking that exact thought and where I was when I had it. Now I'm beginning to look at the dads of other kids and wondering if their kids have had the same thoughts. I'm changing my financial thermostat. No matter where I am on the ladder, there will always be people above and below me. There will always be multi-millionaires and we will always have the homeless. I will always be inbetween. I'm wondering now what we need to do as a family to climb up a few more rungs. Several more rungs. And keep climbing.

Here are some links to Dani Johnson's audio, video, books, and seminars:
http://www.danijohnson.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RI4l-O0BY (watch video)
http://www.danijohnson.com/spiritdrivensuccess/audio.php (listen to clips)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Dani's message. I've done the Millionaire Mind stuff -- books, workbooks, seminars, etc., but it's still missing a link. I think Dani may have that link. Do you have any of her materials? Leilani