Thursday, July 19, 2007

He got me.

NOTE: This is a guest post from MH (Mr. Honey, a.k.a. My Husband). I'm SW (Sweet Wife).

Judah and I were up late because we ate at the salty-bread-place (Macaroni Grill) and rode on the carousel and pet the stingrays.

As I put him to bed, both SW and I asked him to be very quiet because Miriam was already sleeping.

After I tucked him in, he grabbed his birthday bear from Auntie Bec.

The birthday bear is a handsome beast with a 700-watt THX Bose Surround Sound with Subwoofer in his arm that plays a knockoff song to “Happy Birthday” (you know, just different enough from the standard to avoid paying royalties).

Judah then looked at me slyly and said, “I want to push the bear’s arm.”

Of course, that would have awakened Miriam (and the neighbors across the street).

Before I could tell him to stop. He began squeezing the bear’s arm.

I must have had a panicked look on my face because he smiled at me and said, “That is the arm that doesn’t play.”

That boy. He got me. He really got me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Auntie Bec is so happy that the Birthday Bear is a big BOOMING hit at the Todd house.

Much love-- Auntie Bec

Rachel Lee said...

I got to spend an hour with Judah reading books on Saturday, and we had a couple of conversations about his new skill (going to the potty), which he is a pro at.

My favorite line: "Did you know I have quite a shooter?" (Insert voice inflections for optimum enjoyment.)

Shyla said...

oh my goodness! what a kid...he sounds hilarious, lori :o)

Shyla said...

oh my goodness, what a kid! lori, he sounds hilarious :o)