Saturday, July 14, 2007

Judah Hears from God

While we were visiting friends in VA, I read some Bible stories to Judah before bedtime. We read the story of Samuel and Eli, and I said, "You know, Judah, God talked to Samuel when he was just a little boy and he told people what God said. You can do that, too."

Judah said, "If God says don't share my toys then I won't share my toys." Of course, he's 3.

So I said, "Ok, just talk to him and find out what he says." Short pause. Then, a look of sheer surprise covered his face...

"God said share my toys!"

"He did? That sure sounds like God."

Short pause. Another look of surprise...

"You must play music for Miriam."

Hmmm...doesn't sound like Judah. He'd say, "You need to" or "You should," not "You must." Taking that one from God, too.

And then he said something silly about a boat that reminded me that he really is just 3 years old. I love this kid.

No comments: