Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Judah Thinks He's 18


Twice tonight I wondered when Judah suddenly turned 18.

Spending the evening at the Turnip Truck farmers market on Wednesday nights has become part of our routine. Tonight we all sat down at one of the outdoor tables to have a little Turnip Truck soup--except Judah. He grabbed a toddler-sized cart and started walking casually down the first aisle of the little natural foods grocery store. I walked up behind him and thought, "When did you turn 18?"

Then, we got the kids ready for bed (Miriam had a blast tonight in the bathtub), and Judah had what we call "stinky toots." James told him to go sit on the potty since he must need to poop. Judah said something like, "Just because I have stinky toots doesn't mean that I have to poop every time." James disagreed, saying that stinky toots means you have poop that needs to come out. Judah responded, "You don't know anything about me!" Again, when did that kid turn 18? Isn't that sort of comment a bit premature? And where does he get it? We don't even own a TV!

1 comment:

the Mrs. said...

This MUST be a boy thing. Aiden has made a few dramatic comments that have caused me to wonder if he's skipped to 18! His level of maturity, in thought, surprises me at times...sometimes I have to remember he's only 4. ;)