Thursday, July 3, 2008

FunShine by Tiffanoozle


Tonight James took Judah to see WALL-E the movie while Tiffany, Miriam, and I played in Davis Kidd, ate at Kalamata's, and looked for a toddler gift in CVS.

Tiffany was on the lookout for a gift for her baby sister who turns two tomorrow. She found things she liked in Davis Kidd, but they were things that were geared more toward her age than to her sister's. She wanted to buy a paper-purse-decorating kit and a fashion kit. She said that she wants to design clothes. She wants to learn to sew. She wants to make beautiful dresses (like my mom does).

She was playing hide and seek with Judah at my parents' house recently when she discovered my mom's sewing room. She couldn't believe how beautiful the dresses were that my mom got to work on. She rarely talks about her interests. Mostly she shares things that she's seen on television shows or in movies. Tonight, I got to peek into her heart.

At Kalamata's, we heard a plane overhead. She commented about the plane and asked me what it's like to ride in one. When I was finished, she asked me what it was like to ride in first class. The, she said that when she's famous, she's going to own her own jet. She plans to help Miriam pick out her wedding dress and help pay for it. She wants to buy us a new house on a farm with horses. She wants to buy her mom a new house. She wants to be famous and generous. She wants to build a homeless shelter. She wants to own a shop selling clothes that she has designed call FunShine (we've been talking about "sunshine" hair recently, which is hair that sticks up all over the place).

As we passed by CVS tonight, Tiffany found two pennies on top of the trash can. I encouraged her to pick them up. I said, "God's going to see you pick up those pennies and say, 'Look at that! She appreciated those two pennies. I'm going to send her two more.' Then you'll find two dollars and then 20 and then 200 . . . " and we went on and on to a gazillion. Again, she mentioned being famous and generous. That girl is a nation-changer. She's got what it takes. I'm sure of it.

Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait.

P.S. I'm not sure how to work this in since it's so late and my computer is acting up which frustrates my brain cells, but Tiffany told me that four people have told her that she could be a model (she receives nothing but insults from her immediate family, so this is a BIG deal). She also said that people always tell her "Thank you for hanging out with my kids." These are people she meets through us. She is the most amazing big sister. She lets 3- and 4-year-old boys chase her all over the playground and pretend she's the bad guy. She spends hours with my Miriam, holding her, swinging her, helping her, making her laugh . . . Tiffany is an absolute gift from God. I can't imagine life without her.

1 comment:

JonDavid and Karissa said...

I couldn't agree more! She leaves an impression, to be sure.
I am so proud of you and your family as you take every opportunity to love and change her world from the inside out. Can't imagine where she would not be if she never met you all.
Praise GOd that she did!